Thursday, September 25, 2014

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

A few months ago, I asked for your prayers as we sought the Lord's will concerning two little girls (you can read about that here). As we requested, the Lord firmly shut that door to us. In the meantime, we had a lot of travel and some training we wanted to complete, and our homestudy update was still in progress.

Fast forward to now, and we are STILL waiting for the update (the FBI has taken a nose-dive when it comes to timely fingerprint clearances). But we decided to tentatively move forward with contacting the state about an older child adoption. The boy that first touched my heart is still available for adoption, which gave us reason to think God still wants us to move in this direction. So we contacted the state adoption exchange to express our interest in him.

Then all sorts of things started to happen. We got a phone call just a couple of days later about a baby girl due in January. And today the state called asking if we would be interested in two sisters (8 & 14) who will be available for adoption next month and need a new caregiver. And, of course, our agency contacted us yesterday to ask if we'd like to be considered by another birthmother.

I have to say that I'm perplexed as to why God has seen fit to throw all of this at us at once. My head is spinning, to be honest. Knowing which way is the Lord's will is confusing right now, and the only thing I know to do is to at least walk through the doors and see what happens. And then the thought has crossed my mind: what if God sees fit to add to our household MULTIPLE children in a short time? My heart quakes at how much we would be stretched!

We know there are many, many people praying for us. Please keep it up! Some specific ways you can pray:

  • For wisdom as we sort through all the potential options before us
  • That we would have discernment about which options we should pursue (or abandon)
  • We would have the Lord's peace in the midst of what seems to be confusion and turmoil
  • I would be emotionally calm - especially if we have to say, "No" to a child who needs a family


Psalm 71:1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

No comments: